Friday, February 4, 2011

Resolutions

I was reading through this blog…… contemplating shutting it down. But I found it to be something of great value, not for you, not even for me, but for my children. How I would have loved to read my moms personal thoughts and feeling when she was a young mother and wife. I hope one day my kids will read this and get a little glimpse of what I was like when they were young. So on that note…. I will make a resolution to write more…and to write honestly.


I started out 2010 in a major funk. I was over weight, tipping the scales at 166….and for someone who is not quite 5’ 1” that is really heavy. I also wasn’t pregnant, which was something that I had been trying to be for 2 years. I was lost. Sad. Discouraged. It was like I was filling my empty womb with food. Then I decided I couldnt control getting pregnant but I could control myself physically and started my weight loss journey. I lost 51 lbs, and am a fit 115 lbs. It took almost 10 months to do it, and during that time I learned so much about myself. I realized that I am in charge of my happiness…it’s not dependent on my husband, or my children….but is my responsibility. I don’t know if we will ever have another baby. Grace is six and as the gap gets larger my desire for another one gets smaller. I never in a million years could have imagined having such a small family. But you can’t predict your future…and would you really want to?


So now I begin 2011 without a resolution to loose weight, and that’s a first. Instead I am going to have to focus on making harder changes. Like working on my spiritual and religious self. It’s hard to be in a marriage with someone with different religious views…but I can’t hide behind that any longer. I use Paul as my excuse for being lazy…and that’s not fair to him. I used to find such peace in scripture study and prayer and now I have a void wear that use to be. So I will step it up and I’m sure I will be happier for it.


I would also like to start taking pictures again. It’s sad when you stop doing something you were once passionate about. I not only what to take more photos, but I would like to take another class, and really work on developing this hobby into something great. I find such beauty through the lens of a camera. Not only when I am looking through it, but when I see what others have captured. I love everyone’s photos on facebook and blogs. You can see how much they love their kids or how beautiful they find this world around them.


I would also like to….cook more, clean more, spend less, practice more patience, eat more healthily, tell more jokes, make more friends, give more of myself to others, be more charitable, more kind …………the list goes on and on and on. But I know there is one thing I can never be and that’s perfect, so I will take it one day at a time. So today maybe I’ll pray and charge my camera battery.


I would like to say one more thing before I go. I am happy, really happy. I’m not saying life is perfect or simple, but I am excited for what’s next and proud of what’s behind me. And you can’t ask for more then that.

8 comments:

Pat & Donna said...

Welcome back Sarah! To the world of blogging that is....... Sarah, I am so inpsired by you, I adore you and your honesty, thank you for always being open enough to help us embrace our own short comings with laughter though your verbage, I too thought of ending my blog as well, but for the same reasons I keep mine going, printing out the months and placing them in a journal, our thoughts are to be treasured, not deleted...... love you! And look forward to hearing more from you via the your blog!

Alisha Joy said...

You needed to put a little warning up top . . . you are about to cry your eyes out so grab a tissue before you continue reading. SHEESH!! And I just remembered all the reasons I love you so much and I just realized it's a sin we do not hang out more. Just added, reconnect with your cuz Sara to my resolution list. LOVE YOU! Cousin, roommate, bff Alisha Joy

Sarah said...

It is a sin Alisha! Lets do it....Dinner, just you and me so we can really catch up. you name the time and the place and I will be there!

Keith Neaman said...

Hey Sarah -
Just happen to stop by your blog and found an absolute treat.
Hope all is well.
Keith

Anne-Marie said...

I could hardly believe my happy eyes when I saw a new post on my google reader today!
I can tell you are happy Sarah and you have every right to be-You've earned it and I love to see you with your "happy on". What a huge accomplishment you did in 2010! And no doubt, you'll cross alot more off of your new list this year.

Love you forever Sar.
(how about a goal to go out 1x a month with me?)

Tara said...

You inspire me!!!! You are amazing, Always have been, always have been one of the funnest people I know as well! I love your humor and who you are. Hope that resolution to make more friends puts me on some list somewhere!

Amy Densley said...

What a come back you're making! If you want another imperfect, but happy person to hang out with, let me know!

Sandie Tillotson said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and goals and dreams with me..via your blog.
I am so proud of you and your weight loss! I think you are an amazing mom and so be happy with the children you have!
Your comments made me think....of things that I can improve in my own life and ..
Since we are responsible for our own happiness..a thing I have said to my kids and myself a million times..I am going to be really happy today!
Thanks for the inspiration Sarah!