Saturday, August 14, 2010

Do your ears hang low ?


Warning- for to two men that sometimes read my blog (Grandpa and Noah)....you might want to skip this one.


Do your boobs hang low? Do they wobble to and fro? Can you tie them in a knot can you tie them in a bow? Can you through them over your shoulder like a continental soldier.....do your boobs hang low?

Well mine do....so on Monday I'm going to remedy that situation. Yup that's right I'm getting the first surgery in a 2 part series. You may be asking yourself "why two parts"? Well I'll tell you... when the plastic surgeon took a look at them you could see fear in his eyes...and he let out a small gasp. Then went on to explain that to fix these babies properly I would have to get a lift and a reduction first and a implant 4 months later.

Now you may be asking yourself "Why in the world is she telling me this?" The answer is simple...number one, I don't want people wondering if I got "something" done...I'd rather just be up front about it. 2nd I haven't written anything in my blog lately and this is the most exciting thing to happen for awhile, so why not.

Back to the surgery, when I scheduled the procedure a month ago I asked my mother and my husband if they would be around that week. They both said yes....well 2 weeks later my husband informed me he would be traveling that week and would miss the whole thing. I insisted that he be there for the actually surgery but he is leaving the next day. And my mother told me 2 days ago that she had to go out of town to help my brother find a place to live in NY while he goes to school. I have to say when she told me that ... I cried a little bit, the idea that to two people I depend on were not going to be there scared me to death. But luckily my AWESOME sister in laws Diana and Maryanne are going to take my kids during the recovery and my mother in law will be there to help as well...she so great! My sister Liz has also offered to come by and make sure I'm ok. This is when you have to LOVE having a large family, so many people who are willing to help in your time of need... even if that need is selfish and a tad bit superficial.

Even though I am scared of the pain and the idea that I am going to be alone through the 3 or 4 days after.... I'm excited for the results. the last 6 months I have worked really hard to change my body. I'm 2 lbs away from loosing 40 lbs and I'm in the best physical shape of my life....but this will be the icing on the cake. My breast have been a sensitive subject for me for a long time....even my mother has spent hours trying to find a bra that will make them sit in the right spot. The only thing I will miss is being able to get BIG laughs describing them to other woman.....but maybe I wont miss that either.





5 comments:

sweetmama.heather said...

Good luck Sarah! I'd have to say I'm jealous... I'm hoping for a tummy tuck and a lift as well in the future.

Kristin Damon - Author said...

Sarah, GOOD FOR YOU! Ali and I will be helping/playing at G-ma Sherry's. You've got my number - call me if you need anything! Here's to a speedy recovery, part 1.

Pat & Donna said...

you are so AWESOME! OUT IN FRONT and in your face honesty, thank you.
You did the right thing in making yourelf feel better! Although personally i think you look so young a fresh, ahhhh youth.

I have been tempted with a little nip and tuck where gravity has found a good hold, and your out spokeness, has helped me come clean! Call me if you need anything! and hope to see you and the "perky" girls soon! GOOD FOR YOU! And thank you for the share, I am sure more than I have been inspired! LOVE YOU!

Amy Densley said...

Love the brutal honesty! I'll have to see what my girls look like after I'm done nursing this 5th baby!

Alisha Joy said...

One more reason I love you so much!