Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The freaking bane of my existence!

LEGOS..........my days are filled with picking up, stepping on, organizing, putting together, vacuuming up, sorting by color..shape.. genre and oohing and awing over hundreds of Legos. For Christmas my boys received over 6000 Lego pieces.

They each got at least 3 major Lego set ups. Jonas got 2 sets that each had over 2000 pieces. Now I love this toy, they make the kids use their brain and their imagination......but man, they drive me crazy!
w

My major problem with them is the organizing of the Legos. I mean really were in the fetch do I put all of these millions of lego pieces. Paul refuses to let me put them together in a big bin. The new Legos ( I am told) are to be put together then taken apart and stored in their own bin. But all of the MILLIONS of old lego pieces I have to orginize by color. I have to save all the instruction, we have booklets for over 25 lego sets......I know this post is boring but my Legos and driving me Loco.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! Legos drive me nuts! I hate to admit it but I'm a Lego hater. I'm okay with my kids not using their brains just so I don't have to clean up the mess. ;)

Tiffany said...

We have no legos. I am not looking forward to that. Now that we have a boy eventually they will arrive at our house too.

Anne-Marie said...

Those are impressive lego structures though! I don't know how you do it Sar. You know my policy...if it's on the floor, it's getting swept up. But, I also have a baby who eats everything on the floor hence a choking hazard.

And I do give them a warning...sometimes.

Amy Densley said...

I don't have any Legos, but I can only compare it to Barbie shoes and all of their little accessories or Polly Pockets and all of their eensie weensie shoes!

Pat & Donna said...

I am so with you on this! Great toy for the mind, but drive moms crazy!!!
step over, step on, step in........... MADDENING!

Alisha Joy said...

I TOTALLY AGREE!! Legos make me insane!! and with a baby in the house, legos are a death trap choking hazard. I organized in gallon zip locks by size and then a bin of the big pieces.

Tara said...

those are rad!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.