Friday, January 22, 2010

Isn't she lovely .....

So my baby is 5. I don't want to believe it.. but I am lucky. ...Before her birthday I told her that I wasn't going to let her grow up and she had to stay my baby forever. ....Her response was this...."Mom how about you let me grow up, but I'll stay your baby forever" . Then she stuck out her little hand and said "deal". Happily I shook it. The rest of the day she laughed about how when she's a grandma I will still want her to sit on my lap...or how I will carry her up to bed when she's a teenager.
One of the things I love the most about The Princess , is how often she tells me she loves me. I mean, who wouldn't love that. All day long she hugs me and say's thing like....
"I like you so much...your the best mom ever!"
"I have to tell you a secret", she cups her hand's around my ear and leans close and whispers "I love you the most".
Or little things like "your a good driver"..."I like your dress"...."I'm lucky because your the best cook ever"...
She walked in on me the other day going to the bathroom and she said "Mom you have a big bum", then quickly added "but I like it". I laughed so hard..such a funny sweet little girl.
I can tell Gracie is growing up by the list of presents she gave me...
1. REAL makeup
2. a new dress
3. a charm bracelet
4. a Michael Jackson hat and gloves (she is a HUGE fan)
There wasn't a toy on the list :(

She is also a FANTASTIC reader. She is whizzing through the books the preschool sends home. We were in the car the other day and I asked her to spell SIT ...she spelled it very quickly and asked me to give her another.....she ended up spelling at least 20 words (without help) correctly on her way home....she is so freacking smart.
She picked out this mermaid cake from a book I have....I think it was the funniest cake I've ever made.
I couldn't help but put the candles in her bra....yes this is how I amuse myself.
Grace is a big Michael Jackson fan. She watches his videos and tries to memorize his moves. I think this move is from bad, I love the expression on her face...priceless. I love this girl more then words can say, and no matter how much I express my dismay and her getting older.....if truth be told I am excited to see the woman she will become, I just wish time would go a little slower.

5 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Yes, she is quite lovely. And sweet to her Mother. What a combo!
That cake is hilarious & you are such a perv to put the candles on her boobs.

Happy Birthday Gracie Girl!

Alisha Joy said...

LOVE THIS POST!! I don't have girls, but I feel I can live vicareously through you. xoxoxo

Love you Cuz

Pat & Donna said...

Enjoy, live and embrace every moment, it goes by so quickly .......... Yeash that made me sound old, no lets say wise..

she is an adorable little girl, love the Michael Jackson tribute.... she will have to show us next time we get together!

Tiffany said...

Gracie is so lovely, happy birthday to her!

Unknown said...

Sarah she does remind me of my Lilly. What a total doll. We have got to get our families together. It would be so fun. Love your gorgeous new home. And I love the purple master bedroom and gorgeous bathroom. I want to come visit. Call me-Vanessa