Friday, December 18, 2009

The power of Santa!


One of the best parts of Christmas is Santa....not really Santa the man, but more like Santa the Leverage...the dark cloud..the coal toting,present hording Santa. I love holding the threat of Coal over my children's head..telling them that Santa is watching and is thinking of withholding mountains of toys from them, it's pure power!! And I will use, and yes sometimes abuse this power throughout the months of October, November and December. I also get to enjoy a lot more "alone" time with Paul...if I just say six words "we need to talk about Christmas" we can get a good 1/2 hour alone....oh yes, Christmas is magic.

Yesterday I picked up the boys from school, when they got in the car I asked them how their day went. Nick said "something bad happened at school today."

Me:"What?!"

Smiling Nick replied: "a girl in my class did something mean, and she does this ALL the time"

Me: "What did she do...do I need to come down to the school and teach her a lesson :)"

Nick: "She told on me, and got me in trouble in front of the whole class"

Me: "Nick....what did you do?"

Nick, very innocently replies: " I just sang her a song.."

Me: "how did this song go?"

Nick,laughing uncontrollably now sings: "boys go to college to get more knowledge and girls go to Jupiter to get more stupider."

The whole car is now in hysterics...even I am laughing. Then I stop and explain to Nick he is the one that looks stupid because he's the one with bad grammar...I mean "More Stupider" that's not proper English. All he did was prove that girls are smart and boys say things like "More Stupider". We then proceed to drop off some dry cleaning..Nick is not happy about this, so I promise him a treat when we are done. I leave the kids in the car and run into the cleaners...When I come out I see Nick leaning halfway out of the car yelling..."my mom eats poo"! When he see's me coming he ducks back inside, and is giggling like a little girl. I realize it's time to pull out the Santa card.

Me: "Wow Nick, I didn't know you liked coal that much."

Nick: "What do you mean?"

Me: "well obviously that's all you want for Christmas...I mean, your teasing girls at school and yelling that your mom eats poo out of the car window...I just figured you love coal and that's why your trying to get that for Christmas instead of presents"

Nick " oh man...are you serious"

Me: "yeah...but maybe, just maybe if your good for the next 8 days Santa will bring you a present or two...but I don't know, you've been pretty bad."

Nick: "Do i still get a treat at the gas station?"

Me: "Sure, but only because it's probably the last thing your ever going to get."

Then I look in the back of the car a notice my sweet Jonas is crying.

Me: "Jonas whats wrong?"

Jonas: "I don't want Nick to get coal for Christmas...and I'm his older brother I should be trying harder to teach him to be good."

I love my Joe what a sweat heart. Then princess Grace chimes in...

Grace: "I'm always good...right mom?"

Me: "right my princess angle baby."

Oh my gosh I just read through this, I sound like a pretty ridiculous parent. I didn't really get upset at Nick for teasing a girl in class, I didn't really even get that mad about the yelling that I eat poo out of the window. But getting angry really isn't my style (unless, it's totally necessary). And besides isn't Christmas about joy and love. Oh, and Nick has the sweetest face in the entire world...he just makes me smile.

So Merry Christmas everyone....I hope you all get as much joy out of this season as I do.

3 comments:

Pat & Donna said...

Your a GREAT Parent and any parent that denies he or she has never used the "santa" card is a liar! Yup many a time I even purchased the coal chunks and tempted to have a piece or two show up to keep them in line for next year, But alas I was weak and never did, however I do have a small stash FYI if ya ever need it LOL.

Anne-Marie said...

I use the santa card daily.
In fact, Gabriel is convince he is getting a bag of rocks for Christmas.

Your boys are so funny!

Alisha Joy said...

HA! Love it!! If my kids yelled, "My Mom eats poo" out the car window they would be in big big trouble!! And NO TREAT from the gas station! but if they yelled, "My Dad eats poo" . . . well, that's funny!