Monday, November 23, 2009

The new house

So I moved, you all seemed interested in hearing about it so I will tell you.......I moved to a far away place called, Orem. Yes I know that's only about 7 min from were I lived before but to my family it's like I moved to Alaska or China. Though those 7 min to make a big difference, my kids no longer go to school with 6 of there cousins. I can no longer call Maryann or Diana when I need someone to pick up my boys in a pinch. No one stops by any longer....which is a good thing and a bad thing. I have to say that when my mother would stop by at nine a clock in the morning and my house was a mess and I was a mess...it was not my favorite thing. But when she would come by at 2:00 and take my kids for a little while...I did enjoy that.

Well back to the house...we looked at this house about 3 yrs ago when we first moved back to Utah. We loved it but decided to wait.....when we started to look again at the beginning of this summer the house was still on the market but had been remodeled a bit. They had updated the kitchen a little and re carpeted and painted the inside with some terrible colors. So when we bought it the first thing to do was repaint and put in a new master bathroom......my dream room, the thing I have been waiting for. I LOVE baths, and in our old house there was no real tub, and I shared the bathroom with three kids so it was always disgusting, but not my new one. I love it, it's a dream come true! I had a lot of fun with my house....picking out the colors was the funnest and the most stress full thing. I thought you might want a peek so here are some of my favorite room and some of the most crazy colors..
this is my bathtub.......oohhh the joy! The wall paper and the tile in the bathroom are my favorite things about my new house.
My purple master bedroom......I have the best, most secure husband ever! You can't see it but in the corner I have a black and white floral chair....it almost pushed him over the edge.
My aqua carpet in the formal living room is also something I love. I was so scared to do this, but when they put it in I loved it and I could breath again. We are still waiting for a chair and some accessories but when it's all done it will be FAB.
The previous owners had this poo brown paint in the basement with an even darker poopier trim.....the candy apple green brightened things up a bit don't you think.
Paul's office......I let him do what he wanted in there, it was my compromise for my purple bedroom.
Grace and Nick want me to show you their rooms....

Here is the Princess' bedroom...Pink, pink, pink.....she has a loft and a little hidden room and her very own bathroom. Oh the joys of being the only girl.
Nicks room is not quite finished..but I had the contractors put a little shelf trim around his room, because nick like to collect nick knacks and he needs a place to put them.

Jonas wanted RED and boy did he get it! We are putting a big black and white print of NYC on his wall above his head to break up some of the red......but the room is totally Jonas.

Well that's the house. I love it, and I can't wait to make it my home.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

It is so wonderful. You did a great job on the colors.

The bathroom wall paper is amazing where did you find such great paper. I really love it.

Sarah said...

The wallpaper was just from wallpaper warehouse.....thanks, I love it too.

Anne-Marie said...

The house really is fabulous Sar! And it is so you, which is the most important part. And I am jealous of your bathroom-I came home and told Hank all about it.

Let's go out next week-K?
luvs.

Tara said...

Oh my gosh! Sarah it looks absolutly amazing. I love all the color and style. Grace's room is to die for and I love the purple. When can we get together?

Alisha Joy said...

Love it! I need to come see it live.

Amy Densley said...

Wow. I love all of your colors. It really looks amazing! I think I need to start painting!

Anonymous said...

O my goodness i LOVE IT!

Pat & Donna said...

WOMAN you are such the decorator!! Love the colors and the touches! LOVE LOVE LOVE the bathroom ohhhhhhh the serenity of a tub. And as for the kids room, FUN! Girl you have talent! Keep it up and keep us posted! And what a manly man to sleep in purple........ it's a royalty color! Live on PAUL! oh, I mean KING PAUL........ lol

Jensen Family :) said...

Oh how wonderful Sarah! I am so happy for you, I love all the paint colors and the walpaper is perfect! Enjoy your tub as often as you can! Love ya