Friday, June 19, 2009

Jonas...another funny quote!

The kids had a sleepover this week. The biggest plan for the night was the 1:00 AM bed time!! I didn't think that in a million years that they would make it, their normal bedtime is 8:00...but they did make it! Even the princess made it to 12, and she asks to go to bed at 6:45 every night. Well at 1:15 the house is quiet....the kids are sleeping! I close my eyes, start the drift off and I hear a knock...It's Jonas, he can't sleep. I walk him back to bed and tuck him in. This happens 2 more times....then I hear him in the bathroom, pretending to vomit .....at this point it's almost two and I am getting very angry!!!! I take him into my bedroom......so I wont wake up the other children with all my yelling.

I explain to him that he will never be able to sleep if he keeps getting out of bed.

I tell him that he wont be able to have a sleepover ever again, if he doesn't go to bed.

I say, that I have trouble sleeping ever night and how would he feel if I woke him up every 5 sec to tell him that I can't sleep.

Then he says.." Mom you need to stop talking because you are making me feel like I don't even exist.....like I am not even a person....It's like I am not even here!"

Well I want him to feel like a person, so I soften up a bit and he comes and sits next to me in my bed....I soften my approach, but I by no means am ready to stop my lecture ( we are both delirious with sleepiness at this point) I continue by pointing out that his younger siblings are asleep...so maybe they will be able to have a sleepover again, but he will have to miss out because he wont go to bed. ( I admit that was a bit below the belt).

He looks at me and says ..." I think I am going to faint, because of all the HORROR!!"

You may be asking yourself ....what is the HORROR? Did he watch a scary movie.....did he have a bad dream....did he hear a strange noise? No.....I am the HORROR! I busted up laughing, and so did he...

Then he gets all cozy under my covers...props his head on his hand ....looks at me with his red sleepy, big brown eyes and says...."I just wish there was one place in the house, that was really cozy, that I could sleep."

So I turn of the light and he falls asleep in about 1/2 a sec. He snores like a rhino for about an hour...then at 3:30 I take him back to bed. I didn't fall a sleep until almost 5..(but you didn't see me waking him up)

6 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, the HORROR!! I love the dramatics from the Jones!

(and I cannot even think of the last time that I went to bed at 5 am...well, i can, but i can't print those sorts of nights anymore)

Can't wait for the canvas tote!!! yay!

Sarah said...

I think I will put my hand prints on it in puffy paint.

Tara said...

Oh who does he sound like? That is hillarious.

Kristin said...

in Idaho, Jonas kept it real. At one point, I think I was getting a little flustered, and he said, "Um, Aunt Kristie, your voice sounds very angry right now. Is there something I can do?"
Such a nice change from, "Geez owe, mom! You're always snippy!" (Alison's favorite thing to say to me.)
I love the Jones.

Noah said...

I can't help but suspect that Truman, that monster of a slumber party guest, was somehow responsible.

Alisha Joy said...

hehhehehhehhehehehe (deep breath) hehehhehehhehehehheheheheh SOOO dramatic! Reminds me of River. LOVE IT!