Monday, June 15, 2009

First hike of the summer...

Here are some Photo's from our fist adventure of the summer....The Dinosaur Discovery Park! Or like we like to call it...The Dino Debacle. First of all we thought it was only 2 hrs to Vernal.....the picture above was taken during the 3rd hour of driving. Paul was giving Nick scratches.
When we got there the Museum/fossil exhibit was closed down for renovations ( I wish they would have posted that on their web site) but we could still take the hike.
Here are the kids setting off on the adventure....
Grace is already tuckered out.....it's been about 2 min.


Cactus are cool...
Grace and Jonas showing off a bone (rock) they found in the trail...
Grace showing everyone another bone she found.....it went on and on like that for a mile.

We stumbled upon a huge mud slide, so we made clay creations....even Paul joined in on the fun.

AHhhhh love!
It started to poor on the way back to the car....no one was too happy about it. I was wearing a white T-shirt so a picture of me would have been x-rated.

Luckily I had dry cleaning in the back of the car...so the kids all drove home in silk shirts.....doesn't Nick look pretty!

6 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I think that is the first time I've seen Gracie in pants.

And I love the silk shirts!! So funny.

Tara said...

So whats wrong with a little white t-shirt contest on the blog? You've got to tell me where that dinosaur place is.

Amy Densley said...

I'm so glad you found me! We totally need to get together! I had no idea you were in Provo!

Alisha Joy said...

LOVED IT!!! My favorite was the kids wearing your dry cleaning home. Those are the most memorable adventures - the ones that don't go all that smoothly. Also loved Gracie all tuckered out after 2 min. Cracked me up!

Pat & Donna said...

wow
great Ker plunk in the bucket for the warner family..... love the story, silk shirts all around.... loved it!

lynda said...

i didn't know you are a photographer! i especially like the last 4 or so.