Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Forgive me for being down....

Do you ever get sad….I have been sad lately. I don’t really enjoy it. I am usually a very happy person…..I don’t let the stresses of my life get me down, but lately I have been feeling low. It’s not depression, I don’t feel hopeless or down on myself….I just don’t really feel like myself either.


I would like to blame it on the recession….staring at the tuna at the supermarket, wondering if the 70 cents you are going to save buying the cheep stuff is worth the soggy, dark meet, tuna sandwich you are going to eat later. Then you tell yourself you will just feed it to the children ….but that’s not right...Is it? Now that’s depressing.


Or realizing as you bite into that chicken/ pork hot dog that the Jews are really the only people that have any business making hot dogs (Nathans kosher hot dogs are the best) and Western Family ketchup is so tangy and just not the same as Hines.


I really don’t think that’s it though ….I have a blessed life. I just went to Costa Rica for free! How great is that. I think that is were it all started, I came home and had to get back to the real world…why can’t I just live at the Four Seasons? I don’t think that spending 9 days in a swimsuit was good for my self esteem either. But besides wearing the swimsuit, it really was a fantastic vacation…….housekeeping and room service and beaches and family and nice restaurants.


You all hate me now….I am depressed because I had to come home from a 9 day vacation at the Four Season. Wow that does sound bad….I had better cheer up quick! Thank for letting me vent, now that I am feeling a little foolish, I will make a bigger fool of myself by posting some pictures of my awesome trip.


These first couple photos are from the annual Bryson Gualala trip...I thought I would just throw them in there.


This is what the nightly dinners look like....I think we had 25 of my family members on this trip.....but the more the merrier in my opinion.


From Nick down it is all Costa Rica...such a beautiful place and what a fun trip!












7 comments:

Jensen Family :) said...

Sarah, I Love You darlin'!!!! What a aonderful trip, Costa Rica! What a balst, I am sorry you are sad, that is never fun, I always get sad and own too, it helps when I get busy and make somethign sweet to give to a friend, family or neighbor. Doing service for others will brighten any sad day. Your daughters braids are incredible! She is an amazingly beautiful little girl...

Pat & Donna said...

Oh sarah, just blame it on the Tuna I am in total understanding....
but really you are blessed and you know that and better yet you appricate that fact,
A very wise woman (grandma) once said to me "you must taste the bitter in order to apprecate the sweet" so there ya go,scower at the world and just smile when the sweet comes your way...... love ya,and my dear you are part of the sweet in my life! =)

Sean Ryan said...

Sarah Sarah! Did I know you kept a blog? I have been so bad at updating both of mine. My photo blog,and personal one. Been so busy. I absolutely love my camera! Life is fun to capture that way. Take care Sarah!

Amy Densley said...

You're parents look great! You need to post an updated pictures of the rest of your brothers and sisters. I don't even think I would recognize any of them anymore.

Pat & Donna said...

your photo is sooooooooo sad =(
so not like you..... but believe it or not it made me smile, thanks for the reality check for myself.

Anne-Marie said...

Yeah, I agree. You wouldn't win an Oscar (or even a state drama competition) with that pout. Your eyes are far too puppy doggy beautiful to look all too sad. But, I also know when you are. Cuz that's how we roll when we go back so far together.

Don't hestisitate to call me next time your sad & tell me to shut the heck up about my problems for a minute and listen. I really can be a good listener. But, really. Posting about being down & Costa Rica at the same time is pathetic.

(looooooooove Youuuuuu!) Muuu Waa!

Tiffany said...

This recession bums us all out, I feel ya girl.

And once again your daughter is darling. I love the head shot of her with the sun on her hair, magnificent.