Sunday, May 31, 2009

Romatic Getaway?

Paul and I recently decided to go on a "romantic" getaway to beautiful Malibu California. Unfortunately the couple's trip we had planed....turned into a boys trip, plus me. Now I was raised with 8 brother, so being around men is fun for me. But this trip just didn't turn out like I thought it would.
Instead of romantic walks on the beach with Paul......I was forced to take photos of all their tom foolery.

I did get to see my husband without his shirt..(that was on my 'Romantic Getaway' list of things to do)
But I also had to see him without his shirt.....
And him.....
We were able to go out to fancy sea side restaurants.....All five of us...
You might be wondering were Paul is.......wait for it.........
Oh yeah he is arm wrestling the Russian at the next table.....lovely!
We listened to romantic music......wait did I say we.....I mean they.
I thought that maybe Paul and I would get a little physical in the bed room (if you know what I mean....wink wink)
But the boys just got physical in the kitchen.....I really didn't get this one.

At least one of my dreams were fulfilled....I was serenaded , beach side by 4 thirty year old men......It was a dream come true.
Don't feel to bad for me.....in all sincerity I love these guys. Even when Paul and I broke up when we were dating ....they stuck by me. It really was a fun trip, but Paul owes me one romantic getaway! ( And Idaho doesn't count)

7 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I know you don't have to wait until a romantic getaway to see Paul shirtless.

Yeah-he owes you big time!

Pat & Donna said...

This was soooooooooooooooo funny, and sooooooooooooo sad..... HE OWES YOU BIG! great post Sarah, you are the most postive person I know, personally I would of been the one with the spoon running after them all............ and demanding all but your husband to PUT ON A SHIRT! no one wants to see that...... giggle.

Jensen Family :) said...

Too funny! I miss you darlin!

Kristin said...

this post made my day. and what's with the welt-whacking? females giggle till we pee, men smack each other with kitchen utensils ... i guess i kind of understand.
call me if you need help with the kids on that romantic getaway. Alison keeps begging to "tend" Gracie.

Tiffany said...

I would want to hit em with a spatula too if my romantic get away was spoiled. I am glad you had fun anyways. All those guys look like a hoot.

Emily said...

Too funny. You're a really good sport! Better than me....

Alisha Joy said...

FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!